Back in the day, while living at home, I had a terrible control problem with schedules. I loved them and I did everything I could to successfully complete them. I avoided friends, family and everything social just so I could be in bed by 9pm, exericising by 5am, and sticking to my pre-determined caloric intake for the day. It was exhausting, but I had to do it in order to be perfect (in my mind at least).

Overtime, I finally was convinced or highly encouraged, to seek some help. In doing so, I basically had to say goodbye to my obsessive, controlling and anxious ways. It took time (and medication) to finally get over my need to be perfect and my need to follow a strict schedule. I would even be bold enough to say that I'm still dealing with all the issues I had before... but not on such an intense level as before.
But okay, I've done far too much emotional thoughts for one day...so I am going to continue on with the original topic of this post....I bring you to my day yesterday. A day in which I did everything opposite of following a schedule!
Ideal Wednesday Schedule:-5:00 wake up time
-5:30 spin class
-9:00 work
-5:00 leave work
-6:00 dinner
Revised Wednesday Schedule:
-3:00 woken up by storms
-5:00 alarm goes off
-5:30 finally wake up
-5:31 shoot I missed spinning class
-5:32 reset alarm and go for small run
-7:07 wake up later and panic
-8:10 walk out door with hat on and no shower
-6:00 rescheduled spin class
-5:35 - spin class is full
-6:10 last minute decision to go running
-7:45 dinner
So excited! I did absolutely nothing to my pre-planned schedule and I didn't get worked up, I didn't get mad at myself and I didn't mentally quit... I just took what the day gave me and I adapted with it.
Now if only I could do that today... I slept in AGAIN, and I have 2 things I want to do tonight PLUS workout.... help!
Go with the Flow,


No comments:
Post a Comment