Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cookie Fix

Last night, against my better judgement, I made cookies. I halved the batch since we all know from previous posts, that portion control is not one of my strongest characteristics. I've made these twice before, once time with peppermints, like the original recipe found here, and another time with peanut butter chips. This time around I chose butterscotch chips.
I like these cookies because not only are they really moist and almost cake-like, but they are also decently healthy for you - yogurt is used in place of eggs and only 1/4 cup of butter is used (for the full recipe).
 Minus the 2 cookies I probably ate in dough while baking, I only had 1 (with some ice cream of course) once they came out of the oven. I was very impressed with my self control - but it probably helped that I quickly tucked them away inside the freezer before I could begin to demolish the whole batch. My reason for doing so, is so that when I am crying to my roommate about wanting a cookie... I can just pop into the kitchen and grab a cookie.... frozen or thawed... both will satisfy my daily chocolate and cookie fix!


While I can't wait to get home and eat one... er... maybe 2 of these babies.... I think I'm secretly hoping that when my roommate gets home, she reads my blog... see's that I made cookies last night and that I put them in a clear plastic container with a blue lid and placed them on the bottom shelf of the freezer door and proceeds to eat them all .... but it's a toss up whether or not she'll  be able to find my secret hiding place..... if not, I just might have to share...

Anyone watch Teen Mom 2?? I can't wait to watch the reunion tonight on my DVR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment