Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

A lot of people have known their best friend since they were little, or even since they were born, like my roommate Annie, but I have known my best friend for only 6 years.

I met her for the first time after my freshmen dorm orientation meeting when I went up to her and said "I like your accent." Since those 4 magical words were shyly uttered, we've been insperable.... well, inseperable minus the past 2 years when we've had 3 states forced in between our sister-like bond.
My best friend, Jamie Lee Woods, lives in Minnesota - hence the "I like your accent," comment. We went to Capital University together, where we lived in the same hall our freshmen year, the same too-small-of-a-dorm-room-for-both-our-personalities our sophomore year and were housemates, along with a few other girls, our final two years of college.
As I briefly alluded to before, our relationship resembles more of sisters than of friends - and more often than not, people actually assume that we are sisters - twins even. We have had just as many stupid arguments and fights over the years, as we have had good times and laughs.
The reason I bring her up dedicate an entire post to this girl, is because, besides getting giddy over any oppotunity to post embarassing pictures of my best friend, I get to actually see her two weeks from today!! In person! I bought a semi-random plane ticket Wednesday morning to visit her in Minnesota, over her birthday, which just happens to be perfect because she is one of those people who thinks she needs a whole weekend to celebrate 1 day.... (yeah, I know, I know... but I deal with it). 
We may have only known each other for 6 years but I feel like I've known her my entire life. Besides having the same interests (you know - stuff like dessert, the weather, apple picking...) it seems that we just understand each other in ways that no one else ever could.
She taught me how to put eye shadow on; I bought her her first pair of athletic pants. You would never guess a make-up loving girl from Minnesota and a sports-obsessed Cincinnati chick would become best friends, let alone meet, but we did and I am beyond thankful.


Don't Ya Know,



1 comment:

  1. six years?? crazy. We're getting so old! Love this post :) Can't wait to see you soon!!! I should mention that I had a dream last night where we got into a fight because we went to Hawaii together and you were up and ready before me and wouldn't wait for me to get ready. I woke up a little angry. haha.

    ReplyDelete