Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Getting Back on Track

Starting on a random note... I was told last night that I look like a Bratz Doll...
....Obviously referring to my skinny stomach and curvey hips... right?!
HA! I wish.... but moving away from my open secret of wanting to be a size 2 and moving forward....

I got home from my mini vacation (and mini quite large sugar splurge) late Monday afternoon. It is now Friday morning, and I still feel like I'm in vacation mode. Despite two 6 miles runs on Tuesday and Wednesday, I have done nothing in the form of exercise. I've slept through my alarm everyday this week, which means missing my morning workouts, and missing my opportunity to get back on track.


While I've done some tweaking with my days (in order to get at least some form of exercise in) I realize that with it being Easter weekend and spending time with my family - rearranging my days in order to workout will not be a concern of mine, and definitely not a concern of my family.


So. Instead of totally forgetting about anything healthy, I am going to indulge when I feel like it, exercise when I have the time and still stick to a balanced diet. I am shoving my usual All or Nothing frame of mind in the corner, and enjoying myself.
I have a half marathon in a few weeks, so my exercise will have to get back on a more regular schedule...but I can get back on track come Monday morning, that is, if my ankle is cooperating (but that is a whole separate issue I'm sure I will address at a later date)


On that note, I'm off to work then to Cincinnati for Easter... I was good this morning and had a healthy and filling bowl of oatmeal, bananas, and strawberries, and of course my coveted peanut butter...LOVE!

Have a great Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and I'm excited to read more! That oatmeal looks delicious. I checked out your "about me" section and we basically sound like twins lol. Hope you have a great Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!

    Erin, teach me thy ways in making delicious oatmeal.

    See you next weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samantha - yay! I'm always excited for new blogs to read!

    Lydia - I can't wait to see you next weekend... it's been way too long... I hate missing woo girl events!

    ReplyDelete