Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Just a Few Handfuls....?

I had trouble falling asleep last night. I'll admit that I'm not the most patient person in the world, so when I wasn't asleep after only about 20 minutes, I decided that reading a few chapters in my current read would put my mind and body to ease... and eventually (and hopefully) to sleep. However, when that didn't work, and when watching the local news prooved to be unsuccessful.... the only logical thing in my mind was to have a little snack....

of Rold Gold's new Cinnamon Raisin bread flavored pretzel sticks....
which are amazing. So amazing in fact, that I just about polished off the entire bag.

Keep in mind that there were already a few handfuls missing and when I finally decided to stop for the (second time), there were still a couple, if not a few, handfuls still there.

So post-pretzel binge, there was no doubt in my mind that I was getting up this morning and following through with my planned 6 miles - I'm not lying when I say I love to run, because I do, however, I would be lying if I said that it never crosses my mind how many calories I burn while running. It's one of those things that is always in the back of my mind - and it occasionally tends to creep up towards the front - especially after mindlessly pounding hundreds and thousands of pretzels the night before. (okay, probably only like 25... but you should know by now that I like to exaggerate things)

But anyway, my shameful pretzel binge and shameful calorie self-chat led me to realize that I just can't buy that sort of stuff. Whether it be a box of animal crackers, a bag of flavor Goldfish, or flavored pretzel sticks... it can't be in my house, because it will be gone in one sitting.... which isn't good for me or for my wallet.

I know magazines, and more importantly, my mom, have always said that 100-calorie packs and single serving bags are a waste of money... but if I don't have a friend to share with...or better self-control, I think I might have to start buying differently...

Snack Wisely,






Does anyone else have problems with just a few handfuls?

1 comment:

  1. Ummm...those look amazing. Must go find on my break tm. And let's be honest....I wont be running mine off. Haha.

    ReplyDelete