Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

My Un-Easter weekend

 My Easter weekend was nothing remotely close to exciting, or even all that fun. Sure, it was fun to hang out with my family, espcially my brother and sister, but it was nothing like our Easters have been in the past.  I guess it's just what happens when you get older and grow up... now only if I actually felt like an adult.... hmmmm, but moving on to my weekend.

The following picture can basically sum up my weekend: driving. My first leg was from Columbus to Cincinnati on Friday evening.
My second leg was Cincinnati to Napolean, OH. Population 200 (or so I like to say).
My brother Matt and I grabbed some iced coffees for the trip up:
My sister skipped out on the iced coffees, mostly because she isn't a coffee drinker, yet, and she didn't want any mind-altering substances interfering with her task of informing my brother about any unforseen traffic obstacles, as well as radio-ing in anything she may see affecting the highways and byways of Ohio
I made it my job to sit in the backseat and enjoy the rest of Vampire Diaries Season 1...
...while lunching on an Arby's roastbeef and Snyders pretzels.
Our trip up to Napoleon consisted of visiting my Grandma Jones in the hospice nursing home, seeing my Aunt, Uncle and cousins, and of course getting the ever-so famous, Napoleon Grandma Berneke cookies:
I'm usually one to mostly enjoy desserts that consists of chocolate... but these are, no doubt, the best sugar cookies!
From Napoleon, we headed over to Toledo to visit my other Grandma. It was a short, boring trip that didn't include the usual jellybean hunt around her apartmen - I was mildly upset. So after a bunch of updating chitchat, and talks of losing weight... (gag) we bolted out and ate dinner at a local chain called Ralphie's. It was a nice pitstop before our trip BACK down to Cincinnati.
We woke up Easter morning, to find that the Easter Bunny did stop by! Sure it would have been cool to get several splinters from digging into our ancient Easter baskets, but I'll take anything, anyway, that is wrapped in pretty pastel foil....
The rest of the Easter day consisted of church (where we got skipped in the holy water blessing - which isn't the best of things when you routinely face the consequences of having bad luck on a daily basis), an oatmeal breakfast by myself (I was stubborn and refused to attend a brunch with my family for fear of seeing my married, parent, happy-with-their-jobs, gradeschool classmates), laundry and a short walk with my mom, sister and new dog.
While making my final trip of the weekend, I did like any other food-troubled 24-year old girl who loves chocolate way too much would do, and I ate all my Easter candy. Between my fresca and candy-binge, I did manage to safely snap a photo of the Columbus skyline... don't worry (mom), I most likely will not do this again... you know, considering my bad luck and all....
Once I got home I denied my urges for dinner of a pizza hot pocket and salty tortilla chips (to balance out the crazy amounts of sugar I consumed earlier) and opted for a healthy, fresh salad with tomatoes, cucumber, hummus, avocado and a sprinkle of blue cheese
After my salad I told myself that no more eats for the rest of the evening was the goal. And I was doing quite well actually, until my roommate walked in from her family Easter with 11 vanilla cupcakes... and with it being Easter and all.... I had one. And it was great.
 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE FOOD.

    i hate driving.

    haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No jelly bean hunt? sad. You did a lot of driving!! I remember those days with the Gilliams...haha.

    ReplyDelete