Like I said in my previous post, yesterday was my birthday. Ever since turning 21, I haven't looked forward to birthdays... they just seem like a huge let down. However, contrary to my usual attitude, yesterday was a really good day!
Probably because I woke up to this in my kitchen:
that contained this:
(as well as butternut squash soup and Winterfresh Lifesaver Mints... aka my favorite car-ride guilty pleasure)
oh, and this note snuck up on me in the kitchen also:
It was a great start to my birthday... and all of the above alone, would have made it a great birthday... but no, my roommate - my over-acheiver twin - just couldn't stop there...
After a long, boring day at work I walked into my apartment and quickly noticed that it was not how I left it...
There were balloons....
There were balloons....
and a picture frame with the best saying ever...
and another balloon...
which led me to ice cream in the freezer!!!!and waiting for me in the family room was this awesome display:
and guess what was in the box???
A BLENDER!!!!
words cannot describe my amount of excitement to use this baby.
So after discovering all my birthday surprises, I headed out for a quick 5 mile run before my mom and sister go to my apartment for my birthday dinner.
After running I was in a million mile an hour rush to get ready and dressed... but was slowed down a bit by a few more surprises....this on the bathroom mirror:
and this on my computer:
Once my mom and sister arrived from Cincinnati, we jumped in the car and headed over to Grandview, and ate at Matt the Miller Tavern, where I had a declicious Goose Island summer beer:
and an amazing Yellow-fin Tuna melt sandwich with swiss cheese with a ginger orange jam -which is not pictured because I ate it all up before I even remembered to snap a photo-
After dinner, we took 5 steps and jumped into Orange Leaf frozen yogurt. This was the first time for my sister and she was more than overwhelmed. In fact, she is already planning her next trip to spend quality time with me to get frozen yogurt.
Per usual, my sister and I went gung-ho on flavors and toppings while my mom got "coconut and chocolate chips"....yeah, we called her lame.
Here is my african american mom and my 6 foot tall, model skinny sister:
So, as you can see, my birthday was awesome!!! I've never been one for big parties or big hooplas that have me in the center of attention. It's the little things I love and that was exactly what yesterday brought me.
I realized yesterday through all my text messages and facebook messages and all the extra effort and work my roommate put into making my day awesome and of course my mom and sister driving 1.5 hours for a simple dinner, that I am truely loved and appreciated. I think yesterday was the start of a new attitude and a new outlook on my life... now I can't promise days of bad attitudes, but overall, I have a good feeling about being 25.
Cheers,
Omg you have the best roommate ever!! Happy Belated Birthday.
ReplyDeleteYou better watch out or I will steal all those funny quoted frames and your ice cream from you. haha :)
haha thank you! google "pinterest" and you'll find soo many quotes!!
ReplyDelete