Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What I Learned at the Chiropractor

Monday I went to the Chiropractor for my ankle. Yes, I said Chiropractor for my ankle.
To keep a long-winded story short, (and to keep you guys from jumping to the conclusion that I'm completely crazy) the Chiropractor I saw is in my running group and treats a lot of sports injuries, and being the innocent, gullible, little 25 year old that I am, it took about 30 seconds of convincing from my running buddies, and the added bonus of a free consultation, to make an appointment.
So anyway, moving on.... you know, to the actual topic of my post....
What I Learned at the Chiropractor:
  1. I drink too much caffeine in the morning.
  2. I need to take a multi-vitamin.
  3. The proper way to sleep at night is on your side, pillow inbetween your legs and holding on to something.
  4. My incredibly thrilling past - and current - desk jobs have wrecked havoc on my posture and my back, oh, and my neck.
  5. From all my running, my calcaneous has been jammed into my tibia and fibula joint.
  6. My entire body is as tight as he's ever seen.
  7. Having your neck cracked is absolutely terrifying
  8. Having your neck cracked doesn't hurt.... nor does the rest of your body
  9. I can run in the half marathon Saturday!!!!

So again, my attempt at a long story short...this time about the ankle... sometime in the past couple months/weeks/who knows, I did something to sprain my ankle .... I continued to run on it, which then caused a muscle strain in my foot - hence the sprain-strain injury. His good news was that I'm able to run on Saturday, but the bad new is I won't be 100% for the race. But since I run for fun and not to win... everything is A-OK in my book..... well except for cutting back on running after the race.... we'll see how well I listen....
Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment