Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Luck of the Draw

Hola Amigos! 
I hope the sun has been shining where you are, cause it sure as hell hasn't been here! But 
But ok, ok, moving on. I didn't sit down to blog about the weather (that's what facebook is for, right?) so lets fast forward to my Friday night....


After another thrilling 8 hours of tedious data entry, I got the pleasure of stopping for gas before driving 20 miles to my apartment.
Yep. That is no photo editing my friends.  Now I do realize that I have a fairly large gas tank, and granted,  I basically was running on fumes.... but still, holy cow! I paid 62 dollars for gasoline, which is even taking into count my 10 cent fuel reward discount. BOGUS. 
Anyway, after my crying was done, I came home and made a delicious little pita pizza with mushrooms and spinach:
Which might not have been the best of ideas, since 2 hours later I found myself at Plank's Pizza in German Village with my favorite woo girls ever (my roommate,  JackieLydia and Kathleen) where we ate pizza and drank beer. I didn't get a chance to snap a photo because it was devoured so quickly by some hungry girls... and yes, I did have a second dinner of more pizza! 
While eating (and drinking) we were debating on where to go out later on that night... after lots of typical undecision making, Annie got the idea to write down every bar in downtown Columbus, specifically arena district, and put them in an empty popcorn basket. 
If you're wondering if we each picked out a piece of paper with a bar name on it, you are correct. 
And if you're also wondering if we went to all 5 bars that were picked, you are, again, correct. 
And furthermore, if any of you are from the Columbus area, you can probably stop wondering now, and just go ahead and assume that we had to force ourselves into half 3/5 of the bar lineup, and ignore the lingering smell of dollar cherry bombs as we passed the bouncer. 


So to recap the night, we drank lots of beer, we did crazy handshakes, we did crazy handshakes with strangers, we got free drinks, we danced, we came home and watched the royal wedding, again. Oh, and we ate pizza. Again. 


Minus the fact that I got 4 hours of sleep and missed my running group Saturday morning, it was the best night I've had in awhile. 
It's a great feeling knowing you finally have a good group of girlfriends to count on and to act crazy with. I'm one happy chica. 


Grab an ice cold bud light,
Why does it seem so much easier to take picture of food?!?! I promise, there will be picture of live human beings..... in the future.... hopefully.....fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment