Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Lack of Brain Power, Laziness and a Satisfactory 5 Days

I've been MIA in the blog world for a little bit... well, by blog world I mean me, myself, and I actually creating real posts with my nonsense babble. I'm very much in the blog world everyday when it comes to reading other blogs and stalking stranger's lives.... 


But anyway, the past 5 days have been interesting, but not the exciting interesting you get when things just happen to fall in place and you are on an amazing high from loving your life - no, my interesting was the result of just not using my brain. 
Take for example my Wednesday evening... after work I thought it'd be perfect to stop at Target to make some returns.... turns out it was even more perfect because I walked out without making any purchases (which is typically NOT heard of... for any 20-something girl). So I get home, park my car, grab all my stuff from a day at work, close my car door and panic- 
"where are my keys?" 
"they aren't in my hands... oh shit!...."
 "they're in my car... and the doors are locked!"
"and oh no.... my apartment key is in my car, and my apartment is locked.."
"and my roommate isn't coming home tonight!!!!" 
Yep. Awesome right? NOT!!! Haha, the evening turned into lots of phone calls, some tears and an hour and a half wait in the January May weather for the Pop-a-Lock man to come and unlock my car... which took about, oh, 2 minutes - maaybe 3?


My interesting evening continued with burning popcorn and discovering my hair straightener that had been on ALL day - I think my title should be NO Brain Power instead of LACK of brain power. 
This is where the picture of my car keys laying on my front seat would go. I guess it turns out that an hour and a half of sitting on my front porch wasn't enough time to snap a photo. 
But now that I have completely taken up way too much blog space on the topic of my natural stupidity... I'll keep the end of this novel short, sweet and to the point. 


My Friday was filled with work and a night before meal of pizza: (homemade)

After a surpsrisingly good night of sleep, I woke up with oats in a jar for a little pre-race meal action:
My race was satisfactory. I hadn't run any distance over 7 miles in the past few weeks and my ankle and foot were still bothering me. I finished the half marathon in 1:56, which really is a good time, but since I finished with a time of 1:54 6 months ago, I know I have the ability to do better than what I did... BUT every race can't be a PR, right?!


Once the race was over, I basically literally did nothing. Yes. Nothing. Except for Sunday when I did manage to get out on Sunday for a little grocery shopping and sun bathing in the back patio... which probably wasn't the best idea, since it looks like my fat ass broke one of the  patio furniture chairs... well, maybe not broke, but it sure as hell is sagging! 
Welp, thanks for reading my nonsense and I promise I'll blog more this week... with less words and more pictures... and hopefully about something uplifting, like I randomly won a million dollars for doing nothing and I don't have to work anymore....


Here's hopin',

3 comments:

  1. Oh, girl we all have days like that. At least you had a good race! That's a good time, and no, they can't all be PRs unfortunately :(

    And yeah, the tattoo barely hurt at all. Totally wasn't bad and only took like 5 minutes. The wait for the artist however was like 2 hours! I'm excited for you. Do you know what you're getting?!

    P.s. - How'd you get that fancy signature at the end of your blog post? Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg I hate when the line splits up my sad face like that. damn it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have TOO many days like this!!! Hand in there!!

    ReplyDelete