Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

I Am Thankful.

I've been in a nasty mood all day week. Nothing in particular, just having one of those weeks.... and today after work I snapped. Luckily, for my sake, it was my sister who caught the brunt of my outburst, and through text message none the less... so no feelings or household objects were destroyed in my moment of rage and frustration. 

Given my current mood, I would absolutely love to make a list of everything that I am mad/angry/frustrated/bitter about, but my little sister, for once, gave me some good advice: "Be positive! I realized today that I need to be more..." 

Considering most text messages I receive from my sister are about some nasty STD she picked up from the previous night's random hook up, or how her belly button ring is infected yet again (ha, only kidding - don't worry Mom!), I decided to take her advice and list for you, not the things that I am festering inside about, but the things I am thankful for...

me and my sister at Kenny Chesney
  1. My sister. 
  2. That Molly escaped the Japan Earthquake unharmed, and that she is safe in Seattle for the time being.
  3. That I picked Richmond to beat Vanderbilt on my bracket. 
  4. My mom suggesting a green beer would cheer me up.
  5. 7 miles runs before the sun rises.
  6. E-mailing my best friend in Minnesota during work. 
I apologize it's short, but that is all I have in me for a Thursday night. 

Have a great rest of the night: either watching basketball or Jersey Shore.

Be Thankful,

2 comments: