Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pribs and the Girls Do the Lake

Hi Friends!
This past weekend was pretty low key... well low key in terms of alcohol consumption and partying until 3am - which, BTW, I am so thankful for.... I realized during my 14 miler Saturday that I should probably limit my alcohol intake from now until the marathon in October... should being the operative word... it's pretty much impossible for me to turn down half price beers on a Friday evening, after a 40 hour work week for that matter...

But anyway.... back to my weekend, or more specifically... Sunday.

Sunday.
My roommate's boyfriend has a boat, again... to be more specific... a middle class boat -which basically means that it's pretty darn old, he got if for really cheap, it's not the prettiest, but it sure as hell works :)
So Sunday morning me and my roommate Annie loaded up the car and headed to her boyfriend's... where we then began to load up the truck. (lots of loading and unloading was involved) We were more than ready for a day of boating:

Once we got to the lake we met up with Nick's brother and his girlfriend... and if I had the sense to take a group picture it would look fantastic.... but all I got was a view of the lake:
Let me just quickly add that I got the privelage of being the 3rd wheel all weekend. And I say privelage because I've come to realize over the past month that I love it. I never turn down any chance I get to hang out with the lovebirds... Annie is one of my best friends and Nick is like a brother to me... I never get bored and never, ever feel left out... except during the wild make out sessions they frequently display in public places. It happens, right? :)
Ok, getting back on task....
The rest of the afternoon was spend tooling around the lake, anchoring the boat and swimming, eating delicious subs and way to spicey Sun Chips and tubing:
Lots of tubing!



Oh hello there mates, care to help me on board?

James and Christina

Leave your eye make up at home you bunch of girls!

Captain Nick
After about 3 hours on the water, we decided to bring her on in... which was a good choice because we were sunburnt, exhausted and we were about 20 minutes from getting stormed on.
I'd be completely lying if I said this didn't rank in my top 5 favorite days ever. So many times I think how awful my life is with work and other things, but when I have a day like this, it really brings me back to reality and reminds me of how lucky I am to have adopted a second family here in Columbus.

Despite a few tumbles while tubing, and the fact that my entire left leg body is a giant bruise - I'm already thinking of sneaky ways to bribe Nick into boating again... ohh, say this weekend?!

I'll keep you updated :)

Happy Tuesday,

No comments:

Post a Comment