Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Speed Work and Heat

I heard on the Today Show this morning that over half of the country is in this "heat dome" and subsequently are in heat warnings and heat advisories... so, since probably half of my 12 followers are experiencing these awful temperatures and humidity, I'll just assume you all know what I'm talking about when I say, it is hot.

Since my marathon training schedule doesn't know when to schedule runs around the heat, I was due for 5 miles with 8 x 1 minute fartleks with 1 minute rest in between. After leaning from Tuesday's run... I made it a goal to get up before the sun and do my run before the heat got too bad:

Yes, this is me standing on the toliet in the downstairs bathroom. I was too lazy to walk the 20 seconds upstairs to a full length mirror, but anyway, here is me all cool and fresh!

And here is me after my run, all hot and sweaty!
It was hot! I was already dripping sweat into my mile warm up and I actually followed through with the speedwork - which is surprising because I haaate strongly dislike speedwork.

After cooling off with a cold shower and throwing my hair up in what I like to consider a pony tail, (lets be real, it is way too humid to even attempt to straighten hair, let alone  actually keep it straight!) I made a delicious, easy breakfast of plain yogurt, banana, blueberries, kashi, and great grains cereal:

And I managed to snap a picture of my new friend: Mr. Roly Poly.
He was a little camera shy.
Stay Hydrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment