Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Overshadowed.

If any of you are friends with me on facebook, work with me or are with me on a fairly regular basis, you may think that I'm a huge complainer.... and while I probably am a complainer 87% of the time, I realized this weekend that my complaints often overshaddow the things that make my life so wonderful...

So for this post, I am going to erase the idea that my job puts me to sleep, pretend that I don't have college and car loans to pay for, and forget the fact that I have to wait 2 weeks for results of a biopsy on a really gross mole that I just had removed - and point out to you the little things about my past weekend that are often overshaddowed by all that complaining I tend to do.


FRIDAY
  • (insert complaint here about how awful my Fridays at work are)
  • Dinner and Magic Hat beers at Mac's with Annick and Bobby Z, - which according to most dictionaries qualifies as a double date...I am getting so mature, right?!
This is Bobby Z. I'm allowed to post this picture because I have 100% confidence he will never see this blog.

SATURDAY
  • Went for a run in my beautiful neighborhood with beautiful houses that I dream about living in if I get married and quit working in the near future
  • Watched a Glee marathon on tv (need I say more?) 
SUNDAY
  • Went for another run in my beautiful neighborhood with beautiful houses that I will live in once I get married and when I quit working
  • Met Bobby Z for lunch at Jason's Deli and scored a FREE soft serve ice cream cone (woot woot)
  • Krogering.... love love love grocery shopping but hate hate hate buying groceries
  • Made AWESOME (low fat) cookies! (insert second "woot woot" here)
  • Went to Nick Foor's (Annie's sister's fiance) for a fun little Super Bowl party where it was quite the full house - Nick, Annie, Jackie, Stephanie, Shane, Nate, Nancy Chuck (aka my second family) and the host himself
  • Needless to say there was amazing food, amazing company and an amazing outcome of the game... but anyone who beats the Steelers is okay in my book
The host and Jackie

Me and Gil (ughh winter skin is the worst)
So see! I can get through an entire weekend post without complaining (second paragraph excluded)... and I have to say, I feel good - great even. So many times I place all my attention and focus on the negative in my life, that I forget that I have just as many, if not more, great things going for me. I have friends, my own apartment, free time to do what I love and a supportive family.

Sure it's fun, and sometimes even necessary, to sit with your roommate and bitch all night, but it's 10x more fun to enjoy the positive things in life - the things that are often overshadowed by all that's negative. 

Love yourself,



1 comment: