Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Pet Peeves

I told myself this morning that I was going to sit down this evening and post on my blog. SO much has happened in my life this 2 past weeks that I knew it would be a piece of cake to sit down, start typing and press submit - all done without any 10 second holds on the delete button. Throughout the day and even into my car ride home I had millions of topics and thoughts that were just buzzing in my brain about what my post could be about….. 


So here I sit, in front of my bright, shiny, white new MackBook, and I tell you folks, I am blank. I have no idea on God's green Earth what to write about!!! The only idea that crossed my mind, and actually got my fingers moving was my day. Then, about half way through my rants and raves about how AWFUL my day was I realized that my post was basically going to be a really long facebook status on why my day was so bad, which is really just a way to get multiple comments on your wall about how great you are and that things will be okay. Right? Right. 


In attempt to avoid cries for attention, I pressed that awful button, for a long time. While doing so, I not only got really irritated about the fact that I was 10 seconds into my delete action and still going, but that I also really can't stand when people use facebook to publicly complain - whether it be about their boring job, lack of money, recently bad breakup, etc. After my 15 seconds of anger, finger pressure and random thoughts, my blog post idea came to me: pet peeves. 
Here, for your reading pleasure and heads up: is a current-subject to change depending on my mood list of what makes me ANNOYED! 

  • when people use facebook to either 
    • a) complain or 
    • b) brag about their athletic accomplishments (really? you ran 5 miles at 5:00am, who cares.)
  •  loud chewers
  • people who need constant attention
  • video games that don't involve race cars or donkey kong
  • when people say that if we ran together they wouldn't be able to keep up
  • laziness 
  • lack of organization
  • diets 
  • how i can't say "haha" in T9 texting format 
  • soccer (except when it involves happy hour and margarita's) 
  • 55 calorie beer
  • when 2 colors of something aren't stacked every-other-color (plates in cabinets for example)
  • words crossed out on paper
  • when pen smears on paper
I apologize if any of the above apply to you.

Have a great day!

p.s. once I finally establish a home, I plan on taking more pictures and adding "pizaz" to this blog. Words alone are pretty boring, especially coming from me :)





1 comment:

  1. I was just complaining to Dan about how much I hate people who post their workout as a facebook status. No one else cares- we all worked out that day, too. I once saw one that said "I ran 1.667 miles this morning!!" NOTHING is more annoying to me. Except being late. Thinking of pet peeves is fun. I miss you, because you never annoy me.

    ReplyDelete