Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Mildly Creative and Decently Good

I have never been one to brag about myself, but one thing I would never deny is the fact that I'm mildly creative, and I'll admit, decently good at it - in an amateur, kindergarten teacher kind of way. Doodles in class, 8th grade poetry books, college dorm room signs - they all seem to turn out artsy and "cool-looking" to say the least. 


Now you're probably wondering why the hell I'm bringing this up, and quite possibly thinking to yourself that this post is a covert way for me to brag about myself, and while it had crossed my mind, there was an ulterior motive behind this post... 


If you read my earlier post, ya'll know that I'm moving. Soon. To the best city ever. Into the best apartment ever (er, I've never seen it, but I'm relying on first-hand reports). And with one of the coolest chicks ever. Besides being unexplainably excited about moving on to the next chapter in my life, I am so pumped to decorate - which, finally, (I do apologize for my rambles) brings me to my reason for creating this lovely post - sharing with you one of my most favorite creative, bedroom projects I have ever done. 


Several years ago, my sister was redoing her room. She had a crazy, 4th grade style bedspread that looked, and still does today, like this:


(with bright green and bright yellow walls) haha

Since the purchase of this crazy breadspread and the room painting occurred around her birthday, I decided it would not only be a great idea to paint a matching stool and window valence for her gift, but it would also give me something to do, and it would be something I would enjoy.... because I ALWAYS enjoy doing things for my sister, right....? 

So after weeks of secretly painting in the basement.....







There you have it! All free hand too! (that was a brag, I apologize) 

But yes, as I said earlier, way back up in my first run-on sentence of the post: I am mildly creative, and decently good at it.

           p.s. For all those out there wondering, I will not be decorating my apartment in       
          bright colored flowers, at least not with matching walls. 


2 comments: