Since I started reading blogs about a year ago, there have been 2 things that I can honestly say I have become borderline obsessed with; oatmeal and wanting to take pictures of my food. Because I have neither the skill or patience to take pictures of everything I put into my mouth, I decided to take one morning this past weekend and play “food blogger" for a couple of hours (kind of like house when you were little, only with a camera and real food as opposed to a 4 foot high kitchen and plastic bread and eggs).
So in my effort to play make-believe, I decided to incorporate my 2 obsessions together and provide you with 2 very amateur pictures of my oatmeal breakfast.
This specific bowl of oatmeal was made with:
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup soy milk
- ½ cup water
- ½ banana (chopped and mixed in while on stove)
- All topped with:
- Almond butter
- Blueberries
- Strawberries
- Granola
Throughout my whole food ordeal, oatmeal has been the one thing that I have managed to consistently eat. It was through the food blogs, that I learned so many different ways to “dress” up boring old oatmeal, and make breakfast enjoyable and something to look forward to when waking up. Adding anything from pumpkin, banana, muffin, chocolate chips, peanut butter, yogurt, (I’ll stop here but I could go on for hours) can not only make your oatmeal to die for, but it also can keep you full and satisfied for hours.
So when my next urge to play food blogger surfaces, or I make a really interesting bowl of oatmeal, I’ll be sure to dedicate another post to oats!
Happy Oatmeal Eating!
-E-
Please oh please make this exact same thing lots of times over the next several months for your Gil! It looks....amazing!
ReplyDelete