Why does it always seem that when plans are changed they are changed for the worse?
I woke up this morning with a list of TO DO's to accomplish today:
- run 10ish miles
- shower
- ikea
- pack
- target
- drive to columbus
- unpack and move into my new apartment
Once neatly checked off, I had all intentions of enjoying a relaxing first evening in the new apartment filled with organizing, wine drinking and Stacey's Pita Chips (absolute favorite) munching with my new roommate, and other gil, Annie. Instead, I am currently sitting on my parent's couch in West Chester, watching Jersey Shore on DVR and eating a Reese Cup Wizard from the Cone.
(Yes, I did say Wizard with a "W" which is the same concept as a Blizard from dairy queen, only about 80 200 times better. And yes, this probably has like 1,000 calories but it was good, and my day was awful - 2 perfectly good reasons for indulgences such as this choclately peanut buttery masterpiece)
Rewind several hours back to my TO DO list. Things were going well. I got in 10 glorious miles, ate some glorious oatmeal for the first time in 2 weeks, enjoyed a glorious cup of coffee, showered and hopped off to Ikea.
Ikea was even going glorious. Despite the annoying families amazed over 2 dollar dishes, I found several cheap kitchen items, a desk for my room and a tv stand for the living room. I checked out, pulled my car up to the loading dock, loaded up the goods, and hopped back in the car, still in a glorious mood until I put the key in the ignition and turne and nothing happened. Dead. Zip. Zilch. Nothing.
Immediately I called my dad (well, after I texted Annie). He came. He saw. And things got ugly.
It was determined by him and an Ikea worker (random, right?) that it was the starter and not only would it have to be towed, but I would be carless for a few days. I immediately broke down. Between living out of a suitcase for 2 weeks, sleeping on a floor and starting a new job, this just put me over the edge.
SO, long story short, here I sit, still in West Chester, eating ice cream and watching trashy tv, when I could be drinking wine with my new roommate while organizing and decorating. Bad news is that I am delayed 1 day of unpacking and I spent the day crying. Good news is that it was just my battery and I got my car back earlier this evening.
Even better news, my car is packed and ready to leave at 8 in the morning for a day of unpacking and organizing, with pretty good odds of a glass of wine or two to cap off the day.
Whew! I'm exhausted. Mentally. Emotionally. Physically.
I'm off to read then crash... see ya'll from Columbus!
Ikea was even going glorious. Despite the annoying families amazed over 2 dollar dishes, I found several cheap kitchen items, a desk for my room and a tv stand for the living room. I checked out, pulled my car up to the loading dock, loaded up the goods, and hopped back in the car, still in a glorious mood until I put the key in the ignition and turne and nothing happened. Dead. Zip. Zilch. Nothing.
Immediately I called my dad (well, after I texted Annie). He came. He saw. And things got ugly.
It was determined by him and an Ikea worker (random, right?) that it was the starter and not only would it have to be towed, but I would be carless for a few days. I immediately broke down. Between living out of a suitcase for 2 weeks, sleeping on a floor and starting a new job, this just put me over the edge.
SO, long story short, here I sit, still in West Chester, eating ice cream and watching trashy tv, when I could be drinking wine with my new roommate while organizing and decorating. Bad news is that I am delayed 1 day of unpacking and I spent the day crying. Good news is that it was just my battery and I got my car back earlier this evening.
Even better news, my car is packed and ready to leave at 8 in the morning for a day of unpacking and organizing, with pretty good odds of a glass of wine or two to cap off the day.
Whew! I'm exhausted. Mentally. Emotionally. Physically.
I'm off to read then crash... see ya'll from Columbus!

No comments:
Post a Comment