Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Workout Times?

So, the new job. 
My hours are a little crazy and a little sporadic. 


From what I understand, it is pretty typical for chiropractor's office to be open Monday, Wednesday and Friday and have limited hours Tuesday and Thursday. Until I get the nutrition/weight loss program off and running, my hours are going to be very unpredictable. 
Mondays and Fridays will be full days - usually 7:45 until about 6:30... with Wednesday being until about 7:30. 
Those are long days... especially coming from a 9-5 job where about 6 hours of those hours were spent goofing around on pinterest. 
Tuesdays are going to be days where I come in for a few hours and help with any insurance and/or cleaning of the office. And, for the next couple weeks, I'll spend about 5 hours at a training center, learning about the specific weight loss and nutrition program I am going to be running.... eventually, hopefully soon. 


Now, the question and main concern I have with this schedule, as would any crazed, type A marathon runner would have, is when the heck do I work out??


Tuesdays and Thursdays are no-brainers. 
It's the MWF that has me in a bundled mess of nerves. 
Especially when I can't get into a steady sleeping groove.... 


I could get up super early and attend a 5:30am spinning class at my gym on those long days... which I would LOVE to do..... however, I've yet to wake up at 5:00am and not fall back asleep..... hmmm


Or, I could wait until after work...... which is just totally not my style.... at all..... BUT, I pulled one out from left field on Wednesday and got in a run after work.....
Don't worry mom.... and roommate.... I had reflective gear, cell phone in hand and no music... perfect late night running.
I did a nice little 5 mile run and returned home to eat a quick dinner at 9:00.
Again, no worries... I salvaged my 85 year old woman tendencies and was in bed by 10:00.


Between all the holidays, it will probably take some time to get into a good exercise/workout schedule.... but, I have a job I'm in love with and I don't spend 40 hours a week plotting to eradicate all things related to jeggings and plaids... so I can deal with the after work workouts :)


Be Happy... it's Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I am not a morning exerciser, so I say just go for the night runs in your vest, or hit up the gym! Otherwise, just stick with Tues, Thurs and weekends - that way you have at LEAST four in each week, and any extras are a bonus!
    :)

    ReplyDelete