Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Hi Guys!


See, I told you I'd talk to you soon :)


So there are so many things to say and tell about my new job... what I do, what I wear, who I work with, when I work....and that will all come eventually, but for now...


One of my co-workers is a pretty seasoned, weight-lifter enthusiast. She mainly does therapy at the chiropractic office, and since being a former patient and spending quite a bit of time with her in the past few weeks, we've really gotten to talking about anything and everything... and one of those anything's happens to be working out. 
Her idea of working out is a quick 1-2 mile warm up then lifting. 
MIIINE on the other hand is a either a tough spin class or a 5-7 mile run. 


I know strength training is so important to overall health and well-being, but I just hate doing it. I hate it! There is nothing fun about it. 


However, in light of my new job, new experiences and just a renewed outlook on life, I've decided to, gulp, try to add strength training back into my exercise.... add consistent strength training back into my weekly exercises. Uhhhh huh.... we'll see how it goes... 


TUESDAY WORKOUT
  • 50 min spin class
  • Strength Training (woot woot!)
    • 3 sets 12 lat pull down 45 lbs
    • 3 sets of 12 dumbbell press 12.5 lbs (probably could have done 15 lbs)
    • 3 sets of 12 lateral/front raises rotation 5 lbs
    • 3 sets of 12 bicep curls 10 lbs
    • 3 sets of 15 triceps raise
    • 2 sets of 12 dumbbell shoulder press 10 lbs
Off to make lunch and head to nutrition training then chem class!


Stay Positive,

1 comment:

  1. nice workout! i often avoid strength training as well but i do enjoy feeling stronger! good luck as you continue to add it back in!!!!!

    ReplyDelete