Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Wednesday = Wine Night?

I had an impromptu night out last night. 


I met up with some friends for some really cheap sushi. 
Cheap meaning not expensive.
Every Wednesday, a local sushi joint has this thing called "Tsunami Night," which means you get select sushi and sushi rolls at half price IF you buy an alcoholic beverage.... which is where the whole wine night comes into play, obviously.
Per usual, I failed as a good blogger and didn't take any pictures of my food.... but if you can picture a glass of pinot noir, a spicy tuna roll and avocado salmon roll... you're golden. 


And since wine night doesn't mean just 1 glass... we decided to end the night at a neat little neighborhood bar for just 1 more drink....well, we stopped because one of my friends had a second date later in the evening and needed to blow some time ... details, schmetails.
AnyWHO... the bar we stopped at just happened to have half off all wine, which is perfect, you know, considering it was wine night and all....
At this point I would love to say that I went home, made some hot tea, crawled into my pajamas and read a book... but somehow I ended up at a Mexican restaurant with a pitcher of house margarita sitting in front of me....

Don't worry.... I spent more time interrogating my friend's mystery man and his 3 friends than I did sucking down tequila... and while I did end up crawling into my pajamas shortly later, it was peppermint ice cream, not hot tea that I had... and the whole reading a book concept turned into a late night session of Facebook stalking.... which actually looks like a lot of my nights....

But on that note, time to enjoy my morning coffee and figure out what's for breakfast :)

Be Spontaneous,

1 comment: