Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Everything's Better with Bacon?


This past weekend may have been the ultimate proof that I am the worst blogger in blog history. Ever.

My sister visited me for the weekend and I managed to take...




wait for it.....




1 picture.

Don't worry... I'm not going to dwell on it... blogging not's my job... just a fun little hobby I like to do while I'm bored at my "real job." And besides, if I dwell too much on my inconsistent blogging, it will leave me less space to get all sappy and emotional over my sister.  


(enter in sappy emotional paragraph about my sister....)


At times my sister can drive me crazy. I hate how she thinks she's cooler than me. I hate how her and my mom are genetic twins. I hate how she never texts is not the best at texting me back. But I mostly hate that she lives so far away. I'm not one to admit my feelings of love and thankfulness towards people, especially not my family, but this past weekend made me realize that my sister is one of the most important people in my life. We fight, we laugh, we share, we steal.... we are sisters and I love her to death...She only lives a little over an hour away, but its still too far to see her as often as I need. 


(end sappy emotional paragraph about my sister.... can't let too much go to her head)


Okay, so now back to that 1 picture I took....

Toffee covered bacon.

The other weekend, the additional part of my family (parents and brother) drove up from Cincinnati to take me out to dinner. After dinner, my mom's secret chocolate craving forced us into to stopping at a local Short North chocolate store - Chocoholique. We all picked out typical chocolate treats... but it wasn't until after purchases were made that I saw chocolate covered bacon. I immediately questioned how good it was and was quickly assured that it actually is very good - even one of their best sellers. 
So, a week later it was only appropriate that me and my sister try out the bacon. The chocolate covered bacon was sold out, so we settled for toffee bacon and a truffle called "The Elvis".... a mix of banana, peanut butter and bacon - all wrapped in chocolate. 
The Verdict?
                                           -Elvis Truffle - good.
     -Toffee Covered Bacon - weird. bad aftertaste. 

It was nice to try something different... but I think my future chocolate choices will always include dark chocolate and peanut butter... canNOT go wrong there :)

Since I can't just have 1 measly picture with all this rambling text .... here are some pictures of me and my sister over the years:







On a side note.... my roommate got engaged over the weekend!!!!! I am so excited for her and Nick (I think he's made the blog in previous posts) but really, I think I'm more excited to plant the idea of teal bridesmaid dresses with really puffy sleeves.... and white tights..... 

That's all for now!

Have an awesome Tuesday people!
oops! I mean Thursday!!!!


2 comments:

  1. i am so terrible at taking pics sometimes...its like i get all excited for something and am like YEAH blog picture time...then it never happens. but completely pointless things...i always take pics of! haha! congrats to your roommate!! and the one pic you took...ummm definitely worth it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... totally agree on the pointless things... apparently chocolate is more important than pictures of actual people! thanks for the comments... always makes my day :)

    ReplyDelete