Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Personal Hygiene, Chocolate Milk and Ice

Evening guys! Hope you all had an easier transition into the workweek after the 3 day weekend than I did...


I started off the day by sleeping through my alarm which led me to missing my scheduled 9 mile run, which then led me to deciding against taking a necessary shower... 


I thought all was fine and dandy (you know - after using dry shampoo and blow drying 3 days of accumulated grease out) until I walked into work, and within an hour of arriving, this conversation went down:
  • male co-worker: "Hey Erin, did you get a haircut this weekend?"
  • me (sheepishly laughing) "noooo..."
  • male co-worker: "Oh, it looks different today."
  • nosey female co-worker: "she just didn't wash it!!"
Really!!!!? Who does that?! Isn't there some sort of unspoken girl code that when you notice someone who didn't pay particular attention to personal hygiene that morning you keep your mouth shut! Sheesh!

Despite my embarrassment for the rest of the day and my conscious effort to keep my hair fluffed and not greased to the side of my face.... I got myself together and came home and rocked out 7 miles at a 9:20 pace.
My run was capped with this deliciousness:
and finally with a more than necessary shower....
And an even more important ankle icing:
My previous ankle injury isn't happy with my increased milage. 
Just wait until I put 26.2 miles on it... 

Good Night!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE Chocolate Milk. Do NOT love your co-worker.

    Great run!

    ReplyDelete