Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Blogging for Accountability

By now I'm sure you all know that I live for schedules. They are my guilty pleasure and my comfort. Life seems sensible when I have a schedule.

But ask any mental illness professional or pyschologist, and they will say that schedules may not be all so great as we originally thought - especially when they starting controling peoples' lives in a negative way. Case in point - me. As much as I LOVE schedules, they often become the demise of my mood or my ability to socially function. However, there are instances when schedules are great, wonderful and necessary... like tonight, for example. 

So for my own accountability purposes,  I'm blogging my ideal schedule of events for the evening.... followed, later, by my success, er, or, failure.

Real quick - I had a 9 miler scheduled for this morning  I had a 9 miler scheduled for Tuesday but moved it to this morning. Due to laundry and dishwasher unloading, I didn't get to bed until 11:00... which means I slept through my alarm - but did manage to alarmingly hop out of bed and hit the road.... I got 6 miles in... at a pretty slow pace...here is my proof:
lots of sweat and humidity to show off!

Ideal Plan of Events:
5:00 - leave work
5:30 - do not stop at Giant Eagle to buy food for dinner
6:00 - finish out my scheduled 9 with 3 additional miles
7:00ish - eat dinner
7:30 - do not think I need a huge dessert.... I've had enough at work this week
7:30 - fold my laundry that is sitting on my floor from last night
8:00 - sit on my living room floor, blog, watch a recorded Teen Mom with the roommate, and ovbiously talk about vampires

Stay tuned for the results.....!

1 comment:

  1. I live for routine! Sometimes I make a schedule for my entire day in the morning--whatever works!
    :)

    ReplyDelete